When you sign up to our services (such as our website user account or newsletter), enter competitions, order products, take up a reader offer or use our websites we may collect personal information about you. Different services may require different types of information.
Our services are for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect, use or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under the age of 16 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law. If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent, you are not allowed to give us your information.
MTB.guide collects your personal data in the following situations, among others, but not limited to:
- when you contact MTB.guide, e.g. by email, using a contact form or by telephone;
- when you visit one of the Websites, including hosted websites for contest and events (those can have various url’s);
- when you register for the digital newsletter;
- when you place an order via the webshop on the Websites or on third party e-commerce marketplaces (e.g. Ebay or Marktplaats);
- when you open or use a user account via the Websites;
- when you take part in a public discussion on the Websites.
- when you take part in an Event hosted by MTB.guide or where MTB.guide is asked to participate in
Here is some more specific detail about the information we collect:2.1 Information you give us
Contact information: if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. This is limited to your name, email address, phone number and information provided by you in relation to your inquiry. We record this data for further correspondence and in order to improve our services and customer experience.
Location information: if you have enabled located services on your device, we may collect information about your actual location, to provide location-based search results. GPS location recognition on the Websites is disabled by default.
Newsletters: when you give your email address to us, for example in opening an account, or placing an order, or contact us for information, you may register for our newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter.
Purchases / Orders : if you purchase something from us via the webshop on one of the Websites, you must provide us with the following data, so that we can execute the order:
- contact details
- email address
- delivery address
- payment information
- product and order amount
The payment information is not stored by MTB.guide; MTB.guide shares this information with an external payment service provider (while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy - especially to the extent such external payment provider is located outside of the EEA) after which the payment information cannot be accessed by anyone else. The other order information as listed above is stored only in the MTB.guide accounting software and kept there for administrative and fiscal reasons.
User Accounts: if you respond in the comments or submit a review on the Website, an account may be required. To open an account, you must provide us with one or more of the following personal data:
- username (chosen by you)
- password (chosen by you)
- email address
Optionally, you may also provide us with the following personal data via your account: your first name and surname, date of birth, biography, place of residence, photographs, video’s, website, gender, reviews and comments.
Alternatively, reviews and comments may be placed on the Websites without a user account, therefore only requiring you to provide your username and email address.
Giveaways / contest / survey: MTB.guide offers the service contest to thrusted third parties and you as a participant. MTB.guide can act on behalf of a thrusted third party, as data processor.
When you wish to register for a contest, you must provide us with the following data:
- name and address details
- email address
- poll / question answers specific to the contest (answers are non-person identifiable)
MTB.guide transfers the information listed above to the organizing thrusted third party, to enable them to contact you, analyze the geographic and gather information regarding the poll / question.2.2 Automatically collected information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your anonymized IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.2.3 Information we collect from other sources
As well as collecting information directly, we may receive personal information about you from third parties (such as our business partners) where you have provided your permission to them to share your information, or they are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us (such as our payment service provider). We may also collect information gathered from publicly available sources and social media platforms.3. Use of information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to show you other users’ experiences with routes and products and allow you to connect with and engage with other users. We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by MTB.guide and third parties, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services to better match audiences interests and improve products and services;
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized information, but do not include any information relating to an identified or identifiable user.
- Match and serve targeted advertising (across devices and both on and off our Services) and provide targeted advertising based on your device activity, inferred interests and location information.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of MTB.guide and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests
- Process your order and enable other businesses to carry out the fulfillment on our behalf
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards. When you participate in contest, you shall appear in the winner’s announcement, which stipulates your name, city and country.
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Where we process your information based on legitimate interest grounds, you may object to this at any time and we will stop using it for that purpose unless we have compelling legitimate grounds or other legal reason for continuing to use it. We are entitled to process your personal information where we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.3.1 Sharing of information
Generally, we will only use your information within MTB.guide to provide you with the service or product you have requested.
We will also disclose your information to other trusted third parties with your consent, or where we have justification for doing so (see “Use of information”). This may include:
- with a third party who is helping us to provide a service to you, such as payment service provider, customer management and assistance, drawing competition winners, prize providers, debt collection, credit checks and/or our IT and database services;
- with a third party who is helping us develop and improve our services to you, such as analytics providers;
- with a third party who is helping us select and deliver interesting and relevant advertising to you, such as advertising networks, social media platforms, and search engines. We may also occasionally share anonymous data segments with advertisers to help them make their advertising outside our sites more relevant;
- with our trusted business partners to provide insight and analysis of our customers, or where you have told us you would like to receive offers/promotions from those partners;
- with relevant third parties such as your employer, school and/or email or internet provider if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior; and
- when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (e.g. to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Similarly, our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by other organizations, and which have their own privacy policies that govern their collection and use of your personal information. Your use of such websites is therefore at your own risk.
Where we pass personal information to a third party acting on our behalf, in addition to the measures set out above we also require them to treat this information with at least the same protection we do. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes, and in accordance with our instructions. We do not share more information with them than is necessary for the relevant purpose.4. Data Retention
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
Access: all personal data, that is stored in an account, you can inspect by logging into your account. If you require additional copies of the data, we may charge an administrative fee.
Corrections: you can update your personal data and posts by logging into your account. Additionally, we use reasonable efforts to update the personal information we hold about you, but you can request that we amend any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold.
Restriction: you can request that we suspend the processing of your personal data where, for example, you object to our processing of it (see below) or while we correct any inaccuracies.
Objection: you can tell us that you object to the processing of your personal data where, for example, we are using it for direct marketing purposes, or we are processing it on the grounds of “legitimate interests” (see above) and you feel it impacts your rights. If we feel we have a compelling reason to carry on this processing we will let you know, otherwise we will no longer use it for that purpose.
Withdrawal of consent: where you have given us your consent to process your personal data for a particular purpose (or purposes), you can withdraw this permission at any time by letting us know.
Deletion: we use reasonable efforts to delete your data when we no longer need it (see “How long do you hold personal data for?” above). However, you can also ask us to delete your personal data from our records in certain circumstances – for example, where you have withdrawn your consent for us to use it (see above). If we are unable to comply with your request for legal reasons, we will tell you this.
Transfer: you can ask for any personal data you have previously provided to us to be transferred to you in a usable electronic format, or to a third party (where this is technically feasible), so you can use it elsewhere.
When you make a request, we may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Company name: MTB.guide
Chamber of Commerce no.: 70775141
Address: Hekerweg 39 L, 6301RJ Valkenburg, The Netherlands